March 19, 2020
Christina Stathopoulos of Hear Her Roar, international speaker, leadership coach & trainer for millennial women brings her courage and heart to the DADDY ISSUE EPISODE!
Bouncing off of Bob’s idea of the neglect of a parent who is no longer living versus the neglect of a parent who is not responsible for his dysfunction and the impact it has.
Speaking of impact, my desire is to lead the world in having more conversations that are expressions of our joy and feel as connected as family.
Show Notes (10+ bullet points)
- Quick note and apology to our parents for going out loud and authentic
- Living with a father diagnosed with Bi-Polar
- Living with a father who died
- Processing what’s actually happening in parental relationships
- Becoming aware as children and as adult children
- Chasing approval and causing trouble
- How healing isn’t linear
- Getting woken up at 2 am to create a business plan
- Making your way towards peace and joy
- Give yourself permission to heal, over and over again, and be patient with it.
- About Bi-Polar https://www.nami.org/learn-more/mental-health-conditions/bipolar-disorder
- About Grief https://www.helpguide.org/articles/grief/coping-with-grief-and-loss.htm
- About Adult Children of Alcoholics and Dysfunctional Families https://adultchildren.org/
- Instagram @hearxtinaroar
Learn more about Bob Conlin here: www.conlincoaching.com