In this podcastmy goal is give coaches a novel way to help people overcome their resistance to change, and the coaches will learn several practical tools to make change happen – fast. You’ll…:
• Understand the human dynamics (thoughts & feelings) during the 5 stages of the J-Curve of Change
• Recognize the limitations of persuasion and education as influence tools
• Create GLIDE path action plans to motivate people to achieve change goals
• Learn to communicate in Ground Level language to make it easy for people to change
• Front-load Incentives to keep people motivated despite setbacks and self-doubts
• Create Direct and easy paths by circumvent obstacles and temptations to keep the old patterns of behavior
• Empathize with peoples’ doubts & fears to adopt to new behavior patterns
Participants will leave the session motivated to immediately put their new skills to work in both their personal and business lives.
Guest 1: Jerry Jellison
-Jerry talks about how me found his resistance method
-What is people’s mid-step with resistance?
-Jerry talks about focusing on actions and not changing one’s mind
-Let’s talk family interactions at Thanksgivving
-Free-miums at the base of sales
-How to talk at ground level.
-Front load benefits and impactful praise
-Alex talks ups and downs of having a coaching practice
-Motivation all predicated on action
Managing the Dynamics of Change Book
(1) The J-Curve gives manger’s a simple, optimistic, and common sense
way to discuss the process of change with front line employees.
(2) Use Ground Level words to make it easy for people to start changing
– thereby reducing resistance & making the change seem more do-able