Although external motivation is great, it keeps us reaching outside of ourselves in order to keep it going. This tends to be exhausting, unsustainable, and disempowering in the long run. Increasing intrinsic positive motivation and depending less on external motivation helps to create a healthier and empowered life. We discuss nuances between internal vs. external motivation, and positive vs. negative.
- External and intrinsic motivation
- Inspirational pull energy vs. angry push energy
- Internal high standards to be the best version of yourself
- External feedback
- Consistent effort and enjoying the process
- Creating metrics everywhere to stay motivated
- Complacency is death
- Defining the best version of yourself that’s unique to you
- Why do you want what you think you want?
Connect with Jeff:
Connect with Tatsu: